Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-SCOPE error -223409

Solved!
Go to solution

I've had an error in the NI-SCOPE driver (version 4.1.3), using the NI-5122 digitizer. The error occurrs in the niScope_SendSoftwareTriggerEdge function. The relevant sequence of commands I'm sending is:

iStatus = niScope_Abort(SessionID);
iStatus = niScope_ConfigureHorizontalTiming(SessionID, 380E6, 256, 0.0, 1, VI_FALSE);
iStatus = niScope_ConfigureTriggerEdge(SessionID, "0", 0.0, NISCOPE_VAL_POSITIVE, NISCOPE_VAL_DC, 0.0, 0.0);
iStatus = niScope_ConfigureChanCharacteristics(SessionID, "0", NISCOPE_VAL_50_OHMS, 0.0);
iStatus = niScope_ConfigureVertical(SessionID, "0", 0.2, 0.0, NISCOPE_VAL_DC, 1.0, VI_TRUE);
iStatus = niScope_InitiateAcquisition(SessionID);
iStatus = niScope_SendSoftwareTriggerEdge(SessionID, NISCOPE_VAL_SOFTWARE_TRIGGER_REFERENCE);       // iStatus = -223409

The return from niScope_errorHandler is:

Error FFFC974F.

Possible Reasons:
Internal Software Error occurred in Scopes software. Please contact National Instruments Support.

Component Name: nihsdrk
File Name: \Measurements\highSpeedDigitizers\hsd\driver\trunk\4.1.1\source\kernelPrimitive\tMacroSupervisor.cpp
Line Number: 716

Source:
    unknown (0): ???

Status Code: -223409

The error does not occur if I call niScope_close and niScope_init after every acquisition, but I assume I shouldn't have to do this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,793 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tevildo

Hi Tevildo,

This is a known issue, you're right that you shouldn't have to call niScope_close and niScope_init after every acquisition, but for the time being that's the best workaround.

Regards,

Al C
National Instruments,
Application Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,742 Views)

Thanks for the info.  What I've actually done is to get rid of the SendSoftwareTrigger call and put the instrument to free-run acquisition for the initial measurement, then change back to triggered for the rest of the measurements.  But I'm glad to know that this is a known issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,734 Views)