Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXIe 6361 for remote sensing

Hello,

I am currently working on a project which requires me to record voltage levels (0 to 3V) at 16 remote locations (100m-200m) with a sampling rate around 100kHz. I would like to record these readings at a single location.

I already have a NI PXIe 6361 DAQ card with a BNC-2090A from a previous project. I was hoping I could use them for this application as well. However I assume I can't simply connect 200m wire due to losses in the cable. Would you have any suggestions to realize this task with PXIe 6361?

Thanks

Umit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,159 Views)

A question of needed accuracy 🙂

The 6361 is a multiplexing card so carefully look at the settle time specs. channel crosstalk!  I would look for simultanious sampling cards.

With >100m cable and 50 kHz bandwidth impedances are more important.  Good cables, a good grounding and shielding topology, differential signals , signal driver (preamplifier) to provide low impedance sources.

With long cables you are prone to pick up a lot of noise, in the past mainly AM stations 🙂  nowadays switched power supplies....  so a input filter (maybe also protection circuits) and again buffer amps if you stick with multiplexed cards....

Look for solutions already realized for big microphone arrays 🙂

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,148 Views)