Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCI 6034E

I would like to ask a few questions please. I don't have any experience with DAQ so the questions might seem silly.
1.The anlogue input channels can be set either SE or DE is it the same as switching the BNC 2110 switch on either FS or GS?
2.How can I start external devic pump that requires only a signal to start running a program
3.Does the card have an internal clock that I could use for example with analog input to record a spectrum from UV detector (chromatogram) or do I have to use a clock in Labview(get time and date)
4. What can I use a counter for or actually what is the meaning of it.
5. Also the BNC 2110 has 8 BNC conn for AI +2 user defined, If I want to record 16 AI (SE) where do I plug the other 8, do I have to use the PFI pins or I c
an use the 2 AO plus the A0 EXT Ref configured as a AI, do I configure it in MAX or do I have to do that in my LabView application.
6. Also the box says it can do triggering is it a signal sent on an output or does it only work vice versa that something external triggers my card?
7. It says in the manual for BNC 2110 that when you switch off the PC there can be no signals on the box. Does it mean I have to make sure no cables are physically connected to the box prior to shutting my PC down

I appreciate very much any comments and suggestions
Thank you Karlito
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,394 Views)
Hi,

for the most questions you are on the right way.

But you find a really proper answear in the manual for 6034E.

I think it´s better to look first there, because in that forum I could not answer all questions in detail.

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/9B3562EF566192B486256C4C005936FD?OpenDocument&node=132100_US

So far...

Good Luck!
R.T.
National Instruments
Technical Support Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,394 Views)