From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI DAQ for Isolated Analog Output

I have currently an NI-USB 6001 to create 50Hz, 5V sinusoidal output signal to drive a device. However, the output needs to be floating, ie, not referenced to the system ground. My understanding is that AOX GNDs of the 6001 are referenced to the computer ground, hence this doesn't work. Let me know if I can use any of the following approaches to create a ground isolated analog output:

1- Use NI-USB 6001 with a NI SCC-AO10. SCC-AO10 seems to be something that provides isolated analog output but I am not sure if it is compatible with 6001?

2 - Get a NI9263, which seems to have achannel to ground isolation. From my understanding, this is connected to computer by a chasis, such as NI9171, so I need to get this chasis as well? Is there anything else I need to get if this options works?

3 - Is there another option that is perhaps cheaper? 

Thanks a lot for the information!  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,785 Views)

Hello,

The cDAQ-9171 + NI 9263 is the lowest cost solution you'll find. The cDAQ-9174/9178 will give you extra room if the project eventually grows.

Mind the NI 9263's isolation specifications between the channels and the ground and have in mind there is no channel to channel isolation. If channel to channel isolation is required, the NI 9269 may be the right module for you as shown here.

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,730 Views)

Thanks a lot for the reply Camilo, exactly what I was looking for!  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,720 Views)