From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9263 Capabilities

Hey guys, 

I'm looking for a solution to a problem. I'm interested in purchasing an Analog Out for a vibration analysis system. My frequency range is 10-120hz and my output range is 10mV-20v. 

The 9263 is a 16bit module, +-10v, with a 14mV accuracy specification. I need to be able to output 10mV as my minimum output. This board ALMOST does it, but not quite. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this? I've contacted NI support and one of their engineers is looking into it, but he said to search for solutions on my end. 

Is the range static on these modules, or can they be changed? IE: +-5v. Can I do some attenuation to get the desired 10mV minimum? 

Any help with this is greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,932 Views)

Hey glskinner84,

If you are looking for a range from 10mV - 20V you probably will not be able to all in one configuration without any external circuitry. This is because in order to get these ranges that would go beyond the specification.

If you want to check on what you can set on these modules I might try simulating the module, running your application and seeing if any errors are thrown.

NI-DAQmx Simulated Devices - http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3698/en/

One idea to get around this is to use the NI 9269 (maybe with an external summing amplifier) and multiple channels (since this module is simultaneous and differential so you can stack them).

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,906 Views)