cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9263 AO Inconsistent with Oscilloscope

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

I am running LabVIEW 2015, and am using a cDAQ 9178 and an NI 9263 AO module.  I am trying to generate two voltage signals: two square pulses on two separate channels of the AO to trigger two different pieces of equipment in a precisely timed way.

The problem is, I am having some inconsistencies in the voltage I am telling LabVIEW to generate and what I am measuring on my oscilloscope.  I am using two "Simulate Signal" blocks to generate a 2V pulse and a 3V pulse, but measured on the oscilloscope I am getting ~20 volts and ~30 volts, respectively.  When I try changing the amplitude of the pulses, I very reliably measure voltages on the oscilloscope about 10x higher than what I am telling the DAQ to do.

The code I am using is attached, as well as screen shots.  Hopefully I am just making a silly mistake.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dylan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,734 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author beckled1234

Hello Beckled1234,

The 9263 can output +-10 V. If you are measuring 20V and 30V I suggest you check the configuration on the oscilloscope or use a DMM to ensure the output is correct first.

Diego H

National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,657 Views)

I double-checked with a DMM and seem to be getting the correct voltage, so I imagine you are correct.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,654 Views)