From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-9234 connection check

I use a NI_9234 DAQ.

How can i check that my accelerometer connected  to Ni_9234 module is (i want to check this in Labview).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,049 Views)

mirza11,

The simplest way to verify that your accelerometer is connected correctly is to use a Test Panel in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX).  To do this, open MAX and select your NI-9234 in the left-hand column under Devices and Interfaces.  Next, click the Test Panels… button at the top of the screen.  Set the channel name and configuration settings to appropriate values, and click Start. 

Good luck!

Regards,

Jared R.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,037 Views)

I check it in MAX. 

But i want check it in Labview program.

While my application is in running mode , if an acceleration  sesnsor connection failed, How can i detect it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,033 Views)

mirza11,

I've attached an example program that will continuously display accelerometer data on the front panel.  You will need to set the accelerometer parameters to match the values from your accelerometer's datasheet.  The NI-9234 provides 2 mA of excitation current, so I set this as the default value.  The error wires along with the General Error Handler VI will report any connectivity errors with the 9234 itself.  The data from the graph should provide a good indication if the accelerometer itself is working.  I'm not sure which version of LabVIEW you're using, so I saved this VI in LabVIEW 2009 so it can be opened in 2009, 2010, or 2011.  Good luck with your application.

Regards,

Jared R.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,023 Views)

It was Ok.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,017 Views)