From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9219 calibration

I have an NI 9219 module that indicates the calibration expired 12/27/2008 (when looking at Measurement & Automation Explorer).  The manual for the 9219 also says it has a calibration interval of 1 year.  However, there is no information on the NI website about calibration for this module. 

Is there a calibration for this module?  And how do we get it done?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,995 Views)

Hi hardwareguy,

The 9219 can be calibrated.  There are a couple options for calibration. 

1. Using NI Calibration Executive you can perform the calibration yourself.  This requires have all of the calibration hardware and software.

2.  You can send your module to us for calibration.  You can find more information on this on our Calibration Services page.

Best Regards,

Bryan H.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,962 Views)

What version of Calibration Executive supports this unit. I have CalExec3.4 and there is not a procedure for NI 9219.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,913 Views)

CalExec does not at this time have a procedure for the NI 9219.  I was incorrect before.  You can however send it in for calibration.

Best Regards,

Bryan H.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,889 Views)

Hello hardwareguy,

At this point, the best option for calibrating this module is our Factory Test Service. This service is comparable to our end-of-line production test and will adjust the unit back to "like new" condition. The service will also renew the calibration interval for the device and reset the date that is stored on the device (and displayed in MAX). However, this service does not include any detailed measurement data to demonstrate "As Found" or "As Left" measurement performance.

To set up a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) for this service you can call 1-866-510-6285 in the US or visit the Contact NI page for other locations. I hope this is helpful, let us know if you have any other questions. 

Matt Anderson

Hardware Services Marketing Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,885 Views)

Is it possible to write my own procedure?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,281 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,272 Views)

I should have specified. What I meant was an automated procedure for Calibration Executive.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,249 Views)

I would direct this question to calibration@ni.com.

For more information on our calibration services, you can visit this link.

-CB

Casey B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,231 Views)

I just did. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,226 Views)