From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9172 Not being recognized in MAX

I have a NI C-DAQ 9172 that will not show up in MAX. I can see it as a USB device under "Devices", but the Amber Light just stays on "ready" light. I had this problem before to which I installed a newer version of DAQmx. My system was working without issue, my computer was unplugged unintentionally and now it will not work anymore. I have tried most everyhting I can think of and what was in the forums, nothing seemd to work. I havent done a clean install of LabVIEW but that is the only remaining step I can think of. Let me know if anyone has run into this issue before and has fixed it, or if there is a workaround.

Computer: HP Elitiebook 6390p

Modules: 9472, 9221

Steps I've tried:

Used a different USB cord

Power cycled the computer then the DAQ

REstarted the NI Config service, and device loader

Reset Confiruration Data in MAX

Fresh Install of DAQmx 14.1

Installation of DAQmx 14.2

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,806 Views)

Hi,

I have a couple of questions for you.

1) How does the cDAQ show up in Windows Device Manager? (A screenshot would be great)

2) Can you also post a screenshot of NI MAX with Devices and Interfaces expanded?

3) Can you try to connect the cDAQ to a different computer?

4) What Operating System are you using?

5) Which version of NI MAX do you have installed?

6) Do you have a different cDAQ chassis with the same modules that is visible in NI MAX?

7) You mentioned that you have restarted the NI Config service and NI Device Loader, what was their status when you restarted them?

😎 Where did you install DAQmx? From the NI website, or from a DVD?

9) Are other DAQ devices properly recognized by this same system?

Reinstalling LabVIEW should not have any effect on how the cDAQ is recognized in NI MAX.

Below are some additional links that may be helpful to you, not sure if you have seen them yet.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2E02F8EC5D0197928625758C005FFD8D?OpenDocument

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2E02F8EC5D0197928625758C005FFD8D?OpenDocument

Kevin S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,791 Views)