From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My built apps fail with error 1073807346 for USB-6009.

I created a vi to read 3 differential lines of the 6009. Basically, it is a scaled down version of the 'USB-600x Interactive Control.vi' example that comes with it. Running the VI under LabVIEW works fine (if you can forgive the NI Driver bloat - 30MB of ram to run - 500 sub-vi's!).
Anyway, I build it into an app and run it on the same machine I am developing on. I get Error -1073807346. I tried including various support vis and checking this box or that, but I can't get it to work.

This is making me nuts. I need to take this to a site and install, so I need to get the app and installer working.

Thanks for any help.

Ken
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,849 Views)
I think you forgot to start the task before reading.

I don't have Labview, so I don't know how you do that. In C code you would call DAQmxBaseStartTask() before reading.

I ran into that same improbable error code:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=250&message.id=13408
John Weeks

WaveMetrics, Inc.
Phone (503) 620-3001
Fax (503) 620-6754
www.wavemetrics.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,847 Views)
Actually, I do start the task first.
My program order is:
create task
create channels
start task
read channels (in a while loop)
stop task
clear task

It works fine when run from LabVIEW editor. It's just the built application that fails.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,841 Views)
Hello ken261t,

I did a search on our website for that error code and I was able to find this KB. If you decide to upgrade to DAQmx Base version 1.5, make sure you uncheck the box to "Disconnect type definitions and remove unused polymorphic VI instances" in the application builder.
Eric
DE For Life!
Message 4 of 6
(2,830 Views)
Thank you very much. I had searched for a while, but somehow I missed that one.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,826 Views)
So these error codes that look like the code is returning uninitialized memory are VISA codes? It would be helpful if the NI-DAQmx Base documentation mentioned the possibility of VISA error codes. It would also be helpful if DAQmxBaseGetExtendedErrorInfo() would return a message identifying it as such.
John Weeks

WaveMetrics, Inc.
Phone (503) 620-3001
Fax (503) 620-6754
www.wavemetrics.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,822 Views)