Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 6036E DAQ Card is not running at its full refresh rate

I am using a DAQ PCCARD on my desktop ( I have a PCMCIA to PCI converter). I am running NI-DAQ 7.2 and i am having trouble getting the card to run at its full refresh rate. If i set the card at a scan rate of 1000 and acquiring 100 samples at a time, i get an error that says ive reached the system and or bus limitations in Labwindows CVI. Does this mean that the PCI to PCMCIA Converter is not fast enough to keep up with this scan rate or is another problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,243 Views)
Assuming the DAQ card can sample at 100 kS/s, the problem is most likely the converter. The PCMCIA bus can transfer data at speeds up to 20 MB/s and the PCI bus, running at 133 MHz, can transfer data at speeds up to 1 GB/s. With this being said the PCI bus is much faster than the PCMCIA bus and will be able to handle the PCMCIA's slower transfer rate. The converter, however; will most likely introduce some latency in the transfer between the PCMCIA and PCI buses. This would result in the error seen when running at near the maximum sampling rate.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,243 Views)