Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-board (SCXI 1530 and 1520) Data acquisition with single 6036-E DAQ card

Hi!

My application requires data acquisition from 2 accelerometers and 4 analog input voltages. I have SCXI-1530 that can be used for Accelerometers and SCXI-1520 for analog voltage inputs, both connected to AD card (6036-E) in SCXI-1000 chassis.For the voltage task, I have to use 10Hz low pass filter with sampling freq (SF) upto 1kHZ. And for Accelerometer, high SF is required ( about 5kHz).

This application is not unique, but I get error # 200430 in my Labview program, while trying to use the attached program. It appears that, that I cannot combine two different tasks in same VI. Or the way I am doing this is not correct way. Any suggestions or pointers with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,774 Views)
All your analog input channels, independent of the type of sensor they're connected to or what they are measuring, must be in the same task when they are to be acquired by the same board at the same time.

Also, your VI has an analog output physical channel in the Accelerometer Channels control. You can change the channels displayed in that control by right clicking on the control and selecting I/O Name Filtering ... and then selecting analog input channels.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,759 Views)
Thanks! ... but I don't think you can define different types of tasks within a same DAQmx Task. Let me elaborate, say for instance, I require data from three different sensors ( Strain sensor- custom voltage with excitation, Accelerometer and thermocouple). If one selects Accelerometer as type of analog input, than you cannot add Strain Sensor or thermocouple to this task. Or I don't know how to do, but I know you can add as more channels as long as they are same type i.e. all accelerometers.

I will try your second suggestion too. Again appreciate your inputs.

Best regards.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,756 Views)
>If one selects Accelerometer as type of analog input, than you cannot add Strain Sensor or thermocouple to this task.

Yes you can. Just plop down another instance of the Create Channel VI. You can have as many Create Channel VIs as you need (until you run out of physical channels). Just make sure that they are all wired to the same DAQmx Task wire.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,754 Views)