Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing DAQ Assistant LV2009 student edition

Hi There, I am also having this same issue. After reading this thread I re-installed DAQmx to ensure that LabView had been installed first. After that did not work I also reinstalled LabView then DAQmx again. Still no luck.

I am running:

Windows XP

LabView Version 9.0 (32 bit)

DAQmx 9.8

I am trying to use the DAQ Assistant to setup a Dwyer pressure transmitter (PN 628-67-GH-P1-E2-S5) to a NI USB-6000 to continuously monitor pressure. This is my first time trying to use this type of setup (including LabView).Screenshot 2014-12-08 12.32.06.pngScreenshot 2014-12-08 12.32.57.png

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(1,124 Views)
If you had looked at the readme or expanded the description section, you would have seen that your older version of LabVIEW is not supported by 9.8. The latest version you can use is 9.7 - http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-9.7/3811/en/
Message 22 of 25
(1,117 Views)

Thanks. Going back to the previous version worked.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(1,104 Views)

Hi, I am also the same problem. I am using Laview 2009 and DAQmx 9.7 but I still can|t see DAQ assistant. any help??

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(987 Views)

@Opton wrote:

Hi, I am also the same problem. I am using Laview 2009 and DAQmx 9.7 but I still can|t see DAQ assistant. any help??

1. Make sure your DAQmx version is not 9.7.5, which is not compatible with LabVIEW 2009.  DAQmx 9.7.0 should be fine.

2. Install DAQmx again.  A common mistake is that DAQmx is installed before LabVIEW.  If you do that, then DAQmx will not install the support for your LabVIEW version.  The correction is to just run the DAQmx installer again.  The installer will only add what is needed (ie the LabVIEW support), so it will go really fast.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 25 of 25
(985 Views)