Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing DAQ Assistant LV2009 student edition

Hi

New user here

My problem is the DAQ assistant is not showing up.  in the block diagram window i right click to bring up the function palatte/express/input.  where the DAQ assistant should be i have a blank space.  

Im using windows 7

labview 2009

NI Device Monitor 1.8

Measurement & Automation Explorer V4.6.2f1 (MAX)

Device I'm trying to hook up is a USB-6008 

I can see the device  MAx and NI device monitor and i have been able to hook up a thermocouple to it and it works in the test panel.  

I'M not sure what I'm doing wrong, i think i have all the right software installed,  any advice would be great

Cheers

Brett

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(8,030 Views)

What is NI Device Monitor?

You don't mention the relevant driver which is DAQmx.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(8,021 Views)

I have NI-DAQmx 9.1 installed 

NI Device Monitor came with the USB-6008, 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(8,006 Views)

Brett,

DAQ Assistant is going to be included in the DAQmx driver install.   If you go to the Functions Palette » Measurement I/O » DAQmx - Data Acquisition, can you find DAQ Assistant in there?

You might want to try a repair on the driver, or a reinstallation of DAQmx 9.1

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(7,981 Views)

Kyle thanks for responding 

All i have under Functions Palette » Measurement I/O is "NI Scan Engine". 

I have uninstalled all NI software reinstalled Labview 2009 student with all components except the evaluation only parts installed patch f3 as recomended by the installer and NIMax 9.1.   without sucess. 

I'm assuming that LabView 2009 student NIMax 9.1 and a USB-6008 are compatable and shouldwork together?  screengraps attached.  

Brett.   

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(7,962 Views)

After installing LabVIEW 2009, did you also then install the NI-DAQmx driver?  You will need to install this driver after LabVIEW in order to have the DAQmx functions show up on the pallet.

Regards,

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(7,951 Views)
sir,
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(7,529 Views)

hello sir,

This is Natarajan.N from SRM university.Recently i encountered two problems in two different platforms.In windows Xp ,i encountered a similar problem to one mentioned here.I have labview 2009 evaluation version.I have installed NI Daqmx 9.1.I installed the device drivers package after which the NI ELVIS device got detected and was seen in MAX.But even after doinr that  NI 6008 was not detected and the block diagram in the vi isnt having DAq assistant.

Secondly,in my system running on Vista ,signal express and few others arent working and is says "Some of the National Instruments Products are ot supported".What can u suggest me ?

Regards,

N Natarajan

Final year Undergraduate

Electronics & INsrtumentation Engg.

SRM University

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(7,526 Views)

New user as well and I have experienced the exact same problem.  I have Lab View 2010 student version and a NI-USB-6008 I/O module.  I installed DAQmx from the CD and I have successfully tested out my device, but when I enter into the express function pallet/Input there is no DAQ assistant.  I have DAQ mx version 9.0.2 and when browsing the CD I can see that there are some assistant files in there but they just dont load into my LabView.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried re-installing the software twice now with no luck and I have even downloaded the most recent DAQmx package from the NI website and I have installed it, also with no luck...thanks...

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(7,299 Views)

NI-DAQmx 9.0.2 Supports LabVIEW 2009 and earlier.  You'll need to install NI-DAQmx 9.1.5 or later, which should be included in the Driver DVD that came with LabVIEW 2010.  You can also download NI-DAQmx 9.2.2 from the web.

Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(7,294 Views)