From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring temperature rise up to 800 degrees Celsius with USB-6009

Thanks for your reply Lynn,

Being a simple mechanical engineer, this is getting beyond my understanding!

Having spent most of the morning trying to find a quick and easy solution. I'm at a loss. Even to the point of opamp selection to use as a buffer. I'm finding that most of the opamps that I think will do the job, are obsolete and others are simply not redily avalable for purhase in the UK.

Then there's the issue of single supply, I don't have a dual supply available. 

This is a massive learning curve for me. Altough very interesting, simply don't have the time.

Maybe you could point me in the right direction as to which opamp would be best to use. Please!

Thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,804 Views)

Andrew,

I will post some recommendations later today, possibly after your workday has ended. I will make sure Farnell carries the devices I suggest.  I use them, through their Newark affiliate, when I need something available in Europe but not common in the US.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,798 Views)

Hi Lynn,

Thank you very much, any help is greatly apprecieated.

Regards

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,788 Views)

Andrew,

I searched the Farnell UK web site for available op amps which would have suitable performance for your application. The Analog Devices OP295GPZ seems to be a good fit. It is a dual device (two amplifiers in one package) so you can use it for two channels of data or just ground the inputs of the unused amplifier. Use the unity gain, non-inverting circuit configuration and a power supply of 12 or 15 volts. The outputs can go within millivolts of ground or the most negative supply voltage and almost as close to the positive supply voltage. 

This should overcome the limitations imposed by the AD595 output circuit and the USB-6009 input circuit.

Lynn

Message 14 of 17
(1,780 Views)

Hi Lynn,

Right, I have the parts set up on the breadboard (see below). I must be doing some thing wrong, because now the out put from the opamp isn't stable. It oscillates between 16 to 20 mV, where it is stable if i measure before the opamp. Sorry to be a nuisance. 

Andrew

photo.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,767 Views)

Lynn,

Ignore my previous post. After spending hours looking at my circuit, I eventually realised that I'd not connected up the breadboard correctly. Every thing else was ok.

I'll try with the USB 6009 tomorrow.

Thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,758 Views)

Lynn,

I would like to thank you for your help. I have managed to complete the task I set out to do.

Best regards

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,734 Views)