From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring low voltage with 6115, C++ application

I want to measure a signal +-0.5V. I am using the SCAN_Op function to take 1000 readings, and 6115 mulitfunction card, which has a 12 bit analogue input.

The problem is, the 6115 is measuring between +-10V, so my +-0.5V signal is only using a few of the bits.

How do I scale down the voltage range in C++?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,192 Views)
Hello,

All that you should have to do to take advantage of the different gain settings on the board is utilize the SCAN_Setup Function. The last argument is an array that contains the values of the gains for each channel in the scan. For more help, please refer to the Function Reference Help, which can usually be found by going Start->Programs->National Instruments->NI-DAQ->Traditional NI-DAQ Function Reference Help.

Also, for valid gain settings, please refer to the PCI-6115 Users Manual
http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/webAdvsearch/350F82C34DFF8BE586256D2C004E2759?OpenDocument&vid=niwc&node=132100_US

Also, note that the manual refers to ranges. The default range is +-10V, so all gains settings are in reference to this range, and .5, .2 are -1, and -2
in integer format.

Thanks,

Justin Tipton
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,192 Views)