From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure the State of a PFI line that is triggering a DAQ Task

I am using a PCIe-6353. I am creating some digital waveform outputs (port0/line0 and port0/line1) and I am setting these outputs to be triggered with a PFI (PFI5).

Is there any way to monitor the state of the line that is going into PFI5, without stopping or starting the digital waveform output task? We frequently have customers who have timing difficulties triggering our system and we would like to provide some sort of monitoring utility so they can see all of the signalling as it happens, while the tasks are running. At the moment, the only way I can think of doing this is with a separate wire, branched off of PFI5 to another input but this will mean hardware modifications to existing systems in the field which I would rather not do.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,379 Views)

To read it without stopping or starting the trigger seems to only be possible by adding an additional wire. Trigger channels will activate as soon as it reads gets its first signal. However, you may be able to delay the trigger by taking a few samples of the signal first and then continue on to setup that Trigger later on in your code. You can also read that channels data after the trigger has been started by wiring your trigger line into a DAQmx Read.vi

If you take a look at the Analog Input - Synchronization.vi in the example folders within LabVIEW you should be able to modify this example accordingly to Read/Write Output/Input tasks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,324 Views)