Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS X NI-DAQmx "No devices present"

Dear Community Users,

I am trying to USB-6009 device with a MacBook Pro.

I have rolled the MacBook back to OS X 10.9.2 and have installed LabVIEW 2014. I have downloaded and installed ni-daqmx-for-ni mydaq. System Information/Hardware/USB recognizes the USB-6009. However, when I run NI-myDAQ in System Preferences it returns the message "No devices present."

The USB-6009 shows a flashing green light. I have changed USB ports but get the same error message.

I would be most grateful for your advice as to how to resolve this issue. (I routinely use a USB-6009 and DAQmx in a Windows environment but want to use the Mac for this application.)

Regards,

Geoff Hammond

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,791 Views)

To add to my previous post:

I ran lsdaq, which found the USB-6009 and labelled it "Dev 1". 

I then ran FWUpdate and updated the firmware for the device, which was then recognized as current. So far, so good.

However, running NI myDAQ in System Preferences gave the same error: "No devices present."

Thanks again for your advice,

Regards,

Geoff Hammond

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,781 Views)

I think you need to use DAQmx Base to use the USB-6009 on the Mac.  My understanding is the DAQmx-for-NI myDAQ on OS X is limited strictly to the myDAQ device.

I do not have a myDAq and have not tried what you are trying to do. I do run a USB-6009 under DAQmx Base.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,688 Views)

Thanks Lyn. I can now talk to the USB-6009 after downloading DAQmx Base 14.0.

However, I can't access the static tasks that are present in the DAQmx Base Configuration tility and so I can't acquire analog data with a fast sampling rate (the task 'ai finite buffered' would do pretty much what I want) . I understand that you can't see these tasks in the pull down menu from a task constant, but I get an invalid task ID error when I enter the name of an existing task. 

Again, most grateful for advice.

Best.Geoff

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,662 Views)

I never use the Configuration Utility so I cannot help you there. The Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi example, which uses "ai finte buffered" task runs just fine.

I use the Create Task and Create Virtual Channel VIs.  Look at Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk-Analog Start.vi for an example of how they can be used.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,646 Views)

Lynn,

Thank you for your advice; I can now sample from the USB-6009 as I wanted.

Thanks again--you've been a great help,

Geoff

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,637 Views)