From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX configuration disappeared

I was trying to move a number of traditional DAQ virtual channels and scales from one installation to another. The export file got deleted. I went back to my original machine and all the channels are missing from MAX. Does MAX remove the channels when you do an export. This is troubling and costly to reproduce all those channels.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,364 Views)
Hello Brad,

To answer your question, your channels, tasks, and scales should not disappear from MAX when you perform an export. However, the export option in MAX only applies to DAQmx configurations, tasks, scales, and global channels. To save your Traditional NI-DAQ configurations, navigate to Tools >> Traditional NI-DAQ Configuration.

As far as the missing channels are concerned, perhaps someone imported a blank configuration file. Regardless, the channels should not have disappeared from performing an export.

I hope this helps!

Matthew C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(2,364 Views)