Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX causes Windows crash

I installed LabView 7.1 and the additional programs which where shipped with the DAQPAD-6015 on two different computers, both running Windows XP Professional. On one computer everything works fine. On the other computer I have a big problem:
when I start MAX and expand the devices and interfaces it takes a few seconds and then I get a 'blue screen' the whole systems crashes and the computer reboots. This happens always in the same way, if the DAQPAD is connected or not. I tryed deinstalling LabView with all components and reinstalling eveything again with the same result.
Has anybody an idea why everything works fine on one computer and on the other one not?
Message 1 of 2
(2,625 Views)
In the meantime I updated Ni-488.2 from version 1.7 to version 2.3. This diden't help.
Then I updated NI-VISA from version 3.2 to version 3.3, and the problem is fixed since then.
Now everything works fine, there is no crash anymore in MAX and I am able to configure
my Hardware.

There is only one question not answered: why does it work on one computer with NI-VISA 3.2
and on the other computer I needed to update NI-VISA to version 3.3 to avoid a computer
crash when I wanted to configure something in MAX?

Anyway it seems to be a good idea to update your software components to the latest versions
if something with the hardware doesen't work.

Tom Gloor
Message 2 of 2
(2,613 Views)