Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview DAQ, error ''This resource is reserved''

Hi,

i need some assistance regarding a NI 9219 DAQ module, controlled in Labview, basically i have 2 separate case structures and one DAQ assistant in each case. When i need to switch between them i get an error from DAQ ''this specified resource is reserved'', something like that. I have data aquisition from 3 different chanells simultaneously. How can i fix this?

Thanks in advance!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,444 Views)
Why do you need to switch between them? You can't have two different tasks for the same hardware resource. Please explain your reasoning for two different tasks.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,438 Views)

I need to discharge a battery for x minutes, then stop for y minutes and so on until a condition is verified, and i used a state machine architecture, but now i solved the problem, the resource had to be stopped before switching. On the other hand which is the best solution to export data from DAQ, i am currently using Write to Meas File. I want to export all the data in the same file

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,431 Views)

@roadrunner23 wrote:

I want to export all the data in the same file

I prefer using the Logging function DAQmx to stream the data to a TDMS file.  Much more efficient than anything else you come up with.  But you will want a single task.  I advise to get away from using the DAQ Assistant and actually use the DAQmx API.  Things will become a lot easier on you for situations like this.  Instead of a new task, you should just be writing different data.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,424 Views)

I can not  find icon DAQ  Acquisition in LabView on table Function ->Input.Have we connect card DAQ with PC before started with Labview,haven't?.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,342 Views)
Maybe you should check the connection within MAX( measurememt automation explorer) and also look for DAQ in Functions-Express-DAQ mx
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,334 Views)