From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 6.1 on Windows XP laptop with NI-DAQ 7.2

Installed PCMIA DAQ 6036E card with NI-DAQ 7.2on my laptop. Running XP and LabView 6.1. In Measurement Explorer I am only able to choose the +/-10V range. Expecting 4 ranges down to +/-50mV. Chose the traditional settings and not those used only for LabView 7.0.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,609 Views)
Hello,

how is it illustrated that you can only change the +/-10V range in MAX? Do you get an error message by changing the values?

Normally, when you create a virtual channel in MAX you can change the unit and the range in the channel assistant. After the channel is created you can still change unit and range in the properties of the channel. The scope you choose does adjust automatically to the nearest range which is available for this DAQ-Card.

Regards
Thomas D.
NI Germany
(SRQ 210415)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,609 Views)
In Max 3.1 > Devices and Interfaces > Traditional NI-DAQ > DAQCard-6036E > Properties, then in the AnalogInput panel only +/-10V appears as a choice, (Using LV6.1) where normally I would expect the 4 available ranges to be offered. Otherwise the card operates the test panel successfully and the test resources is also successful.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,609 Views)
The choice you have in this windows depends only from the functions which are provided from the card. In this case this means, that you have a card which can measure bipolar signals. It has no influence to your measurement. The input range the card will use has to be adjusted by configuring the virtual channels in MAX.

Regards
Thomas D.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,609 Views)
I am using the oscilloscope.vi example from LabView 6.1 with the virtual channels configured as you suggest. I now suspect this vi is in fact adjusting the ranges as I change the sensitivity per division
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,609 Views)