Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 5.1

Hello,

I have always gotten good results using this forum hopefully you can help again? I have two questions:
(1) I have two windows 98 systems using labview 5.1. One of the computers had to be reformatted and lost all software and hardware. When re-installing labview the 5.1 version was nowhere in the lab to be found so I installed version 5.0, however my written program cannot open on 5.0. The error message occured saying "an error occurred loading VI 'A&PNSScn.vi'. Labview load errror code 9: Version of VI is newer than LabVIEW version." I was wondering if there was a download to update to version 5.1 from 5.0, or if there was an easy way to transfer the program from one computer to the other?

(2) When aquiring data for a long time (i.e. more than 2 hours) my acquisition will shut off saying the there was a problem writing to the buffer, or something like that. Does labview transfer the data from the buffer to the computer periodically or only after acquisition is complete? If so is there a way to tell labview to transfer that data to the computer more often so that the buffer capacity will not be met?

Regards,

Corey Ohnmacht
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,545 Views)
Hello Cory,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.

In response to your second question, this sounds like a FIFO (first in, first out) error. When performing buffered acquisition, the data is stored in a FIFO on-board the DAQ device and periodically written to the PC buffer according to the user's specifications. If you are getting a FIFO overrun error, you need to either write more data at a time to the PC buffer, write faster, or slow down your acquisition rate so that you do not need to write to the PC buffer as fast.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Sean C.
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 3
(2,520 Views)

(1) I have two windows 98 systems using labview 5.1. One of the computers had to be reformatted and lost all software and hardware. When re-installing labview the 5.1 version was nowhere in the lab to be found so I installed version 5.0, however my written program cannot open on 5.0. The error message occurred saying "an error occurred loading VI 'A&PNSScn.vi'. Labview load error code 9: Version of VI is newer than LabVIEW version." I was wondering if there was a download to update to version 5.1 from 5.0, or if there was an easy way to transfer the program from one computer to the other?

Hello Corey,

In response to your first question, LabVIEW 5.1 was a major upgrade from LabVIEW 5.0 and does not have the ability to be upgraded through a download. If you are still not able to find the installation disks for LabVIEW 5.1, you should be able to convert your application from LabVIEW 5.1 to 5.0 with the following procedure.

1. Open your application on the machine with LabVIEW 5.1 installed.
2. From the File menu select Save with Options....
3. Select the Save for LabVIEW 5.0.x radio button and press Save.
4. Use the new version on the 5.0 machine.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Regards,

Matt F
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,513 Views)