Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabView and Firewire support under Mac OS X

I've been following the Labview upgrades for Mac OS X and noticed that now there is a move towards supporting at least some USB and PCI devices. We have a DAQPad system in the lab that uses Firewire and I was wondering when NI will be supporting these types of devices under OS X under LabView...

I'd love to move all of our equipment off Windows simply for the ease of administering them and using OS X and Labview seems to be a great option except for the limitations on portable DAQ systems since it would appear that LabView isn't supported multifunction DAQ either USB / FW / PCMCIA very well under OS X.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,764 Views)
I don't know about FireWire support, but NI-DAQmx Base for Mac OS X does support a range of USB and PCI DAQ products and we will continue to add to the number of products supported in the future. We understand that there is a large Mac OS X and Linux community that are very interested in using our products and we will continue to add to the number of products and features that are supported.

My personal suggestions is to keep watching our web site and perhaps setup a few systems with our currently supported products so that you can begin giving us feedback.

I hope this helps out.

Joshua Prewitt
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,741 Views)
I ordered NI USB-9161 thermocouple ADC. On the NI website it was claimed that the device can be used under windows, Linux and OS-X. However the cd included in the package only referred to Windows (in the read-me file on the cd however it was confirmed the device could be used under Linux and OS-X.)
I have downloaded the OS-X NI-DAQ MX Base from the NI website and installed the package. This package should have the USB driver. According to the docs with the USB device these devices come with stand alone datalogging software. However I can't locate any USB datalogging software anywhere on the NI website. Also one could test at least if the device is recognnized with the experimentation and automation explorer. Again I can't locate this app for the OS-X.
The OS X system detects a device 28082 (vendor: 14627) on the USB bus.
I would approeciate any help to get the USB-9161 working under OS-X.
Thanks,
**bleep** Bierman
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,700 Views)
Hi,

The USB-9161 is just a carrier for one of the USB modules. This will not show up in the NI DAQmx Base Configuration Utility. If you had, for instance, the USB-9211 in the USB 9161 carrier, then in the NI DAQmx Base Configuration Utility you would be able to see the device. The datalogging software is located in the National Instruments>>NI-DAQmx Base>>NI Data Logger. I hope this clears up your questions. Please let me know if you have any others. Have a Great Day!

George
Message 4 of 4
(2,681 Views)