cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW 8.5 and Linkam Stage

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi ZachViska, 

Thanks for posting in the National Instruments forums! Since this is a different question than the original post, please go ahead and create a new forum post. Additionally, in order to ensure that you receive the best support and the highest visibility, please create the new post in the Instrument Control forums. Feel free to post the link to the new post as a reply to this message.

Finally, as an answer to your question, if you look in the manual for your device on page 21, you’ll see that the USB port is only for firmware updates. If you want to control the instrument, you’ll need to connect it to your computer via a Serial to USB cable using the Serial RS232 connector on the instrument. Take a look at the code in this forum post to see an example of communicating to an instrument via NI VISA.

Regards,

Regards,

Michael Whitten
Senior RF Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(3,616 Views)

Hello ZachViska,  

I am contacting you on behalf of Linkam Scientific. I understand that you posted in the NI forums regarding connecting to a Linkam PE95 stage over USB over LabVIEW. This is possible through our SDK product, so please send us an email at support@linkam.co.uk with more information on what you would like to do and we will be glad to get you up and running. 

Kind Regards

Ujas S

Software Engineer

Linkam Scientific Instruments 

(support@linkam.co.uk)

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(3,145 Views)

Sorry for this some years after post. But if you are still there I'd ask you some help with the programs you did share. I tried to run them with the linkam T95 but I couldn't. It's amazing they don't even supply the commands.

Thank you in advance if you're still around

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(3,026 Views)

Hi there! You can use this manual. The commands for T95 may not differ much from the older devices. Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(3,023 Views)

Thanks a lot, I already tried with those commands but it doesn't seem to be comunicating, I always get a timeout error

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(3,016 Views)

I remember the device needs to be powered, but not operated in manual mode. I mean you can see the device reading the temperature, but there is no display of other numbers on the screen. You can get the device into this state, by pressing Exit. Hope it works out for you. Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(3,001 Views)
Thank you again, but the T95 has no possibility to switch to a other state. There's no exit option. I'm trying to communicate by Matlab Instruments tool but it's impossible. It doesn't respond to any command. It's frustrating!
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(2,986 Views)

Hi SpainUCM,

What version of LabVIEW are you using the T95 with? Or are you using 3rd party software?

Since this is a different question than the original post, please go ahead and create a new forum post. Additionally, in order to ensure that you receive the best support and the highest visibility, please create the new post in the Instrument Control forums. Feel free to post the link to the new post as a reply to this message.

Best Regards

Alex
Hardware Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(2,976 Views)

Hi Alex,

thank you for your quick reply. I'm usig Labview 11 and I can see the serial port but not to communicate with it.

I'll create a new post in the Forum.

Best vregards,

David

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(2,942 Views)

dear sir,

I am using T 96 for that there is no serial port.I have tried connecting via USB but in NI VISA  i am getting an error Descriptor information error

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(2,776 Views)