Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a known conflect between PCI 6034E and 7344

I just installed a new PCI 6034E and now the DAC on my PC 7344 motion board seems to be putting out non-linear voltages from my position encoder. Does anyone know why?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,189 Views)
Hello,

I've never heard of any sort of conflict between an E series board and a 7344, but I would like to ask you a couple of questions please to help us determine where the problem is coming from:

1. Do the boards work fine separately?

2. If you put the boards far away from each other, does the interfereance reduces? (say the 6034E in slot 0 of your PCI bus and the 7344 on the last slot of your PCI bus)

3. Have you tried these boards in a different computer to see if it displays the same behavior?

Please let me know about this.

Thanks,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,182 Views)
LA 75,

Thanks for your answe,r here are mine.

1. The 7344 worked fine until I stuck the PCI 6034E in it. I have an update for you on the problem which I learned after more testing. The quaditure count on the encoder is 16384
I only need to measure -20 to 90 degree angles in my application. When I set up my DAQ channel (using a PCI 6025E which I still have in place) I calibrated based on +10 volts
out of the 7344 DAC channel (axis 3) = 90 degrees an 0 volts = 0 degrees. What's really happening is that the DAC output is now 12.4 volts and its saturating the DAQ input
channel. If I recalibrate with 0 volts = 45 degrees I can work around the problem...the thing is I don't know what caused this and what other safety implications there might be.

2. The new board (PCI 6034E) is in the last slot and the 7344 is in the first slot...in between is an ethernet card and the PCI 6025E.

3. I do not have another PC to test this thing in.

Jim Fee
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,157 Views)
When the motor card is removed there is NO data from the PCI 6034E at all. When I put the PCI 6034E in a barrowed machine it works fine.

Got any suggestions?

Jim Fee
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,149 Views)
Hello JWfee,

Can you please give me more insight about your application? For example, tell me about what instruments you have connected to your board and how are you interfacing both boards as well. I want to make sure that this is more of a DAQ issue and not a motion issue; otherwise I will have the motion experts help you out with the problem.

thanks,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,142 Views)
I'm not sure what more to tell you. The 6034E was baught from a third party vendor, ATI, to read their 6-degree-of-freedom force transducer. I have a 6025E that I'm reading
one of the DAC outputs from the 7344 board and a linear pot. they worked fine to begin with. The 6034E works fine alone in ANOTHER computer. The 6034E works fine in
my computer without the motor board. Reinstalling the motor board in the computer, last night, seems to have caused channel 6 of the 6034E board to saturate to 10 volts. This
is different from what happened when the 6034E was added in the first place. It seems the behavior is dependent on which board is added first. Yes, and the 7344 continues to
put out 12.6 volt max on the +-10 volt DAC
Jim Fee
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,135 Views)
Hi JWfee,

What happens when you put BOTH cards in the other computer? Do you see the same problems?

Dan
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,109 Views)
Dan,

I can't really tell because the motor controll software FLEXMOTION woun't let me install it in another machine.;

Jim Fee
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,100 Views)
Try a fresh installation of the FlexMotion driver. YOu can download it for free here:

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/57FA88D0FEC8439F86256C740024CE88?opendocument&node=132060_US

Regards,
Dan
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,096 Views)