Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the USB-6008 compatable with LabVIEW 6.1?

I've got a USB-6008 that I want to use with LabVIEW 6.1. Even though the device appears in the Measurement & Automation explorer, every time I load up LabView it claims that no DAQ decives attached to my computer. I'm running NIDAQ mx Base 1.4. Is it a compatability issue, or something else?

--DA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,306 Views)
At least the NI-DAQ™mx Base 1.4 Readme (also included in the local documentation directory) has a table Application Software Support.

Basically it says, that NI-DAQmx Base 1.0 supports LabVIEW 7.1 and NI-DAQmx Base 1.4 supports LabVIEW 7.x

Sincerely,
Jens
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,301 Views)
So let me get this straight...

6008 has no DAQ or VI support for Labview 6.0 or 6.1

BUT ni-Daq Does support:
Labview 7.0, 7.1, Real-Time 7.1, LabWindows, .Net 1.1, Measurement Sutdio for Visual C++, Visual C

There is also mention of support for "ANSI C without NI Application Software" using the API's

So would it not be possible for some kind soul out there to write some kind of VI librabry in 5.x or 6.x that uses C code calls ?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,259 Views)
You might be able to use a call library function node in LabVIEW 6.x that calls the DAQmx Base dll that was built in LabVIEW for the C API. You will still need the LabVIEW 7.x run-time engine(installs with NI-DAQmx Base), since it is a LabVIEW dll.
-Alan A.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,247 Views)
Hi!

I have exactely the same issue concerning the USB-6009 and Labview 6.1. Did someone succeeded in calling the porper .llb with a property node in Labview 6.1? Does it works?

Thanks for help!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,242 Views)
So, this might be possible, but it would not be trivial. It would be fairly difficult, and also, it is not supported by NI. I would strongly recommend upgrading to LabVIEW 7.x.
-Alan A.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,215 Views)