Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent DAQmx CREATE TASK error -229770

Solved!
Go to solution

I get an intermittent error -229770 when creating a Task in my LabVIEW software.

My application will work fine for a day or so, and then i will get this MIG software error.

DAqmx TAsk name is Perf_Cst utilizing CAQmx Create Task.vi. I only get this erro on the cDAQ 9132. I've never received this error utiling LabVIEW and this same application on my DELL Labtop.

Help!Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,305 Views)

I was able to cancel the error by setting the execution from "Time Critical" to "normal" and preferred execution system from "data acquisition" to "normal". I changed the execution previously while experimenting. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,275 Views)

I'm getting the error again! Evidently still intermittent? However, I can't make it go away this time! I was able to run my source code successfully and build my application. My EXE runs without error, however, when I run the sourcecode, I get the MIG error as stated in the attached file. The attached file contains a simplistic Create Task function, which continuously generates the MIG error. I ran this simple VI yesterday in a continuous loop without issue. Shutting down the cDAQ-9132 and restarting has no effect on the error. HELP!!!!!! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,265 Views)

Email to NI App Support:

Hey Hi Will,

I thought it was fixed, however, the next day it popped up again. I did repost following the original posts. I noticed some posts recommending reloading LabVIEW. I’ll try that when I get the chance. I’m off to the next project right now. Interesting enough, I made an EXE before the error popped up again and my application works fine. So, I was able to launch and go on to the next endeavor.

Will, I just ran the VI again on the cDAQ 9132 and consistently get the MIG error. I ran it on my laptop with the same LabVIEW load and I don’t get the error. I went to run in on my cDAQ 9133, only I found I don’t have LabVIEW installed because of memory limitations when utilizing other applications. Obviously, since I didn’t have LabVIEW installed I couldn’t run it. I went back to the cDAQ 9132 and built an EXE. Surprisingly, the EXE runs without any error on the cDAQ 9132; original place of error.

I also notice the VI runs without error if I run it independent of a lvproj on the cDAQ 9132. If I run it from a project, I get the MIG error. I’ll reload LabVIEW using LabVIEW 2016 Prof System and see what happens.

Thanks!            ~ Skip

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,237 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sfrosty

I followed the instructions offered by NI App Engr Will and reset MAX. The independent VI, VI in the project, and the EXE, (All same simple VI which merely creates and clears a Task in LabVIEW) now all work error free! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,216 Views)

Hi,

Gettting the same problem. What do you mean you reset MAX?

Thanks 

Seán

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,862 Views)

I did a reset configuration from the MAX pull down menu. I forgot which tab it's located under. I think far right, maybe help. Then restarted laptop and reloaded configuration file. Sorry, don't currently have LabView with me. Watching Super Bowl. Lol

@SeanJ wrote:

Hi,

Gettting the same problem. What do you mean you reset MAX?

Thanks 

Seán

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,799 Views)