cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing NI PCI-6123

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I installed NI-DAQmx 15.0 (http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-base-15.0/5644/en/) on a linux computer (redhat x86_64), but lsdaq can't find the PCI-6123.

lspci -v shows this:

0a:02.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: National Instruments PCI-6123
	Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
	Memory at d7102000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	Memory at d7100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]

I assume the problem is the "Unassigned class" part but I'm not sure how to go about solving it. Does anyone have any possible solutions I could try?

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,560 Views)

Keezy,

Did you restart your computer after you installed the drivers?

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,535 Views)

Hello yea_likethecity,

Yes I restarted my computer. Also, I talked with an engineer from NI the other day and it looked like I was missing these 32-bit packages. I uninstalled the driver, restarted, installed all of these packages, reinstalled the driver, restarted, and cd to /usr/local/bin in the terminal. I ran lsdaq and it still cannot find my PCI.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,505 Views)

Keezy,

What version of Red Hat are you using? Also, do you have a service request number to track your issue? If so, I suggest troubleshooting with the engineer working on your request and posting the solution here when you find it. 

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,458 Views)

The person I talked to didn't know how to fix the issue, so he said he'd escalate it and get back to me via email when he finds something out.

I'm running Red Hat 6.8.

Also, I uninstalled nivisa and the daqmxbase drivers, then reinstalled. I now get this error when running lsdaq:

libnipalu.so failed to initialize

Perhaps you need to run updateNIDrivers
Aborted

When I try to run updateNIDrivers I get a large amount of errors. I forget what the errors were, but I'll update this on Monday when I'm back in the office. 
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,450 Views)

Keezy,

Please to provide the errors and any solutions our engineers are able to provide. This thread seems like it will be a good resource for others with the same problem.

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,414 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author keezy

Hello,

So it seems like there's been an error. The PCI-6123 is listed under "Supported hardware" on the NI DAQmx Base 15.0 page, but the engineer I was speaking to said that the PCI-6123 is actually NOT supported by this driver, and the last driver compatible with Linux it worked on was NI-DAQmx 8.0.2. This driver only works on 32 bit Linux though, so it won't work for me either. So that was the problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,398 Views)

Keezy,

Thank you for making note of that. I'll make a request to have that updated.

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,357 Views)