From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation NiDAQ Driver onto Knoppix 3.3

Hello List,

I have trying to install my NiDAQ Ni-3036E onto Knoppix v3.3, it is a debian variant. I tried to install NiDAQ API Driver from NI.com/linux.
I began to install that driver using :
$ ./INSTALL

after I agree with license agreement,
an error message occurs :
"error: cannot open package index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)"
"error: cannot open package index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)"
./INSTALL: line 280: [: 1: unary operator exepected]
./INSTALL: line 280: [: 1: unary operator exepected]

How to resolve that problem so that I can install NIDAQ Api driver onto my Knoppix ?

For any help, Thank you.

Susanto W
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,701 Views)
Hello Susanto,

It looks like you are running into some difficulties with the driver installation on a Linux machine, so that you can use your PCI-6036E device.

The driver that you would need to use would be the NI-DAQmx Base Driver 1.5.

Unfortunately in the readme I don't see that Knoppix 3.3 is officially supported by the driver (only Mandriva (formerly Mandrakelinux) 10.0 Official, SUSE LINUX Professional 9.2, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 3).

You could try working with the NI Measurement Hardware DDK (Driver Development Kit).

If any other users out there have more information about the specifics for Knoppix then please share your knowledge.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,688 Views)
Thank you for your answer Mr. Otis.

Finally, I changed my Knoppix3.3 with Mandrake 9.0 and that driver successfully installed without error.

I have a project to make an application using Kylix to control the speed of motor using NI-3036E. The speed is proportional with the analog output from NI-3036E. Can I use that driver with Kylix 3 Enterprise beside using C++ language ?

Thank you for any answer.

Best Regards,
Susanto W
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,677 Views)
Thank you for your answer Mr. Otis.

Finally, I changed my Knoppix3.3 with Mandrake 9.0 and that driver successfully installed without error.

I have a project to make an application using Kylix to control the speed of motor using NI-3036E. The speed is proportional with the analog output from NI-3036E. Can I use that driver with Kylix 3 Enterprise beside using C++ language ?

Thank you for any answer.

Best Regards,
Susanto W
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,678 Views)
Susanto,

Great to see that you got everything installed!

I've never used Kylix 3 Enterprise, but as long as you are able to access the various DLL calls to the daqmx dlls with Kylix then you should be able to use that program.

I do not think any official testing has been done with Kylix so I cannot guarantee that it works though.

Regards,
Matt Otis
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,661 Views)