From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've 2 separate programs and both give current output.

Now this connector gives current output on pin 21 & 55 for one program and 22 & 54 for other program.Is there any way that I can make the same output for both the programs?What modifications do i need to make to the ports' settings?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,514 Views)
Hello,
As long as you aren't running the programs at the same time, all you have to do is change the channel that the VI points to. If you are using Traditional NI-DAQ then change the channel that is going into the "AO Config.VI". If you are using NI-DAQmx then just change the channel going into the "DAQmx Create Channel.VI" This is assuming you are using LabVIEW.

If this doesn't solve your issue, please post some more details of exactly what you are trying to accomplish and what hardware and software you are using.

Nicholas C
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
Message 2 of 5
(2,514 Views)
Thankyou for your suggestion.
Now I'll try to give you sufficient details.I'm using LABVIEW 6.0.I've two exe files but dont have their original VIs.One program when run gives output on the pins 21 & 55 and the other program gives output on pins 54 & 22.So I've a common ground over here.Therefore the only change i need is to make the positive terminals of the outputs of both the programs to be the same which means that if i run one program then i get outputs at 55 & 21 terminals.If I run the second program,I still get the outputs at the same terminals.Doing this will let me work with both the programs alternately without the hassle of changing the terminals for outputs everytime.
The DAQ card is 6024 E and connector block is CB-68LP.
Thankyo
u.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,514 Views)
There is no way to change the channels that a .exe application uses unless there is a control for that selection on the front panel of the .exe. Your solution will have to be external, like a switch or something.

Nicholas C
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,514 Views)
Thanks Nick.
I'll probably put a 2 way switch now for switching from one output to another.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,514 Views)