From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto simulate NI DAQPad 6015

Hello,

currently I'm on an internship at a company that does a lot with labView.
For this compnay I have to design a device that measures air pressure very precise. Therefore I'm going to use a NI DAQPad 6015, but here is the problem.

I only have 2 weeks left for my internship and the ordering around here goes very slow. For me that means that my assignment isn't finished when I leave here.
So in order to finish my assignment (for a higher grade than normally because of the fact that normally I wouldnt finish my assignment), I need to simulate the hardware.

I was browsing through MAX, and saw something that could probably help. It had an option to create a virtual device, but I need the correct driver offcourse.
Also I dont know how to set up a virtual device.

Can someone explain to me how it should be done and could tell me the correct driver?

Thanks in advance,

Jaap aka k0ewl
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,559 Views)

Hi Jaap,

This link should help you simulate a DAQ device

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/75CF478A58545DFC86256FCC006E25A2

regards

Dev

Message 2 of 7
(3,543 Views)
Thank you very much, but now the next problem appears. I need DAQmx 8.0 for my USB module (which is the DAQPAD 6015), but it cannot simulate that device. Smiley Sad
What to do now?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,540 Views)

You can download NI DAQmx version 8.0 from here http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/4C9E45F6EE5C29F98625708900712CBC

Message 4 of 7
(3,521 Views)
Hi All-

The DAQpad-6015 and some other low-cost devices can not be simulated in NI-DAQmx.  The NI-DAQmx readme mentions which devices are not supported in the "Devices Supported Only in NI-DAQmx" section. 

Hopefully this helps-
Tom W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,514 Views)

Hi All,

In addition to the last reply, it is true that you cannot simulate the DAQPad-6015. If you want to use the simulation for developing your program without any HW you could simulate for example a PCI-6024E which gives you roughly the same functionality as the DAQPad-6015. Keep in mind that a USB device will have larger latency but it should be enough to develop your program. The program should be usable without any problems when you receive the HW.

Hope this helps,

Rik P

NI

Rik Prins, CLA, CLED
Software Development Engineer
Message 6 of 7
(3,473 Views)

Thank you a lot! 

That`s solved my problem too!

Have you ever worked with DAQ NI PCIe 6363 in Measurement Studio? Now I`m trying to communicate right with it from my software.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,843 Views)