Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use DIO lines with MIO 16e-4

I am using a MIO 16e-4 board connected to a bnc 2090. My goal is to send a 5 volt pulse to open/close an optical shutter. Having read that the DIO lines are ttl compatible, i was wondering how i could use them to send such a signal. The daqmx assist program seems to send 8 bits to a dout line; is it possible to use this to accomplish the task? Thanks.

Also, sorry if this is appears twice, im not sure what happened last time i tried to post.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,600 Views)
jimbo2,

I don't know if you are using LabVIEW or not. If you are, I have attached one of DAQmx's shipping examples that I have modified which should accomplish the task that you need. The one thing to remember with the DIO lines on these devices is that they are software timed, so if you need precise timing for your pulse you would be better served to use a counter. If all you are concerned about are the edges, this example should get you on your way. This particular example uses a boolean control to control the level of a particular digital line. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hope this helps,
Dan
Message 2 of 3
(2,590 Views)
Thanks the example works well.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,581 Views)