cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger analog input on analog output

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

We have two signals, one which is a burst that we generate via a PCIe-6361 and a BNC-2110 to my experimental system, and an other that is directly linked to it (like an echo) which I want to acquire each time we send the first one.

What I tryed :

- Generating a pulse signal and linking it from an output channel to the PFI0 one.

- Using the daqmx virtual pulse generator (CO pulse ticks).

I'm sure that there is an easier way to do that, but I can't manage to find it, would you mind help me ? Smiley Happy

Extra info : you'll find attached the two signals (blue emission, yellow reception) I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance ! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,878 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author B.Gabillard

Assuming you are using the same card for both AO and AI, you should be able to just use a trigger to start the AI task with the AO task's start pulse.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(3,870 Views)

Hi 

already read and try to make things right by following this recommendations : http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FEF778AD990D5BD886256DD700770103#Trigger.

It's amazing to have this mistake as well Acquisition DAQ receives the desired number of samples (25 000 samples loop with 250 000 sample rate). To be sure I set the timeout of the DAQ to 10 seconds. The error can then be the setup of the trigger ? Do you already use a trigger with continuous sample ? 

Regards, 

Baptiste

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,793 Views)