Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup a brand new Win7-31 SP1 PC to work with NI-DAQ?

I am new to NI DAQ configuration and need some help to configure my test Win7 PC.  I have a brand new Win7/31 SP1 OS. I have two chassis, PXI-1044 (Chassis 1) and PXI-1052/SCXI combo (Chassis 2). The communication between the PXI and SCXI is done via DAQ-Card. The hardware setup has been verified with WinXP PC. It has been working for a long time. I need to switch the PC from an old XP machine to a new Win7 machine. I had a hardtime to get it right. I have installed the Agilent IO library, NI-DAQMx 9.9, NI-VISA 5.5. At one  time, I was able to see the the modules on Chassis 1. I was also able to use the auto-detection to find the SCXI devices, but my software uses the Agilent counter driver and I was not able to read and write to the counter. So I upgrade the hp5334x  counter driver. The counter driver requires VISA-5.5 and IVI Compliance Package 4.6.1, so I installed both. After that, no matter I do, reboot the chassis, reboot th Windows7 and reset the device, I just can not see the SCXI devices any more. The chassis 1 and chassis 2 can be identified.  The auto detection of SCXI devices always shows that it is empty. I checked the SCXI chassis power, it is ON. I am sure the cable is good and tight. It has worked before. It must be the right kind. I did reset  the device a few times. The DAQ board must be good, no bent pins because it worked the day before and none touched it. I also checked the device manager, it founds all the drivers. There is not unknown device on the list. I have  uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled drivers several times, but the SCXI devices just will not come back. I suspect this is drivers related issue. It is most likely driver compatibility related. My question is for a brand new Win7 32 bit, which drivers, which versions I should install? What sequence I should follow? It takes a long time to do the install and unintall. I have a few more test stations need to setup. I have to find a set of reliable drivers and software to use. I also need to find how to make the SCXI auto detection work. I have re-imaged my PC. It is now in its pristine state.

Many thanks in adance.

JLi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,765 Views)

We have an SCXI-1001 chassis and a NI PCI-6071E and a desktop PC running Windows 7 Pro.

The PC had a clean install of software as we had upgraded from an older Windows 2000 PC.

I wasn't able to autodetect anything.

I simply went in an configured the chassis and modules.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,747 Views)