Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to quickly acquire/generate signals when using USB3101 similar to DAQ Assist when using NI hardware

We just purchased USB-3101 from Measurement Computing DAQ.How can I quickly build an express VI using USB 3101 to generate/acquire singals from my desired pins on the device?

Until now, we were using NI hardware (PCI-6601 and PCI6250) which allowed to quickly interface with the hardware by going to Express >>  Input >> DAQ Assist in the block diagram. There was a window that poped up which asked me if I want to generate or aquire signals, and also which pin/port I want to interface with. The window would then quickly build an express VI. I can then easily update any configurations by double clicking on that express VI.

With the USB 3101, I no longer able to use the DAQ Assist to interface with the device using LabVIEW. I saw this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqyooarvbuM, which said I need to use ULx drivers to build my tasks, channels, etc...

Isn't there any simpler method to quickly interface with USB -3101?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,471 Views)

Hi aab-ufl,

DAQmx Express VIs and the DAQ Assistant are part of the National Instruments driver package, and the simple integration provided these features is a benefit of using devices manufactured and supported by National Instruments. Because the USB 3101 is manufactured by a third party, and not by National Instruments, the quality and ease of use of the drivers is up to the third party manufacturer. In order to use the device, you will need to use the drivers provided by the manufacturer, which are the ULx drivers you mentioned. 

William R.

National Instruments

William R.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,446 Views)