Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know Errors corresponding to their codes

I'm developing a simple data acquisition application using AI Config, AI Start and AI Read VI.
However, it is showing some errors.
Error code is 10846.
I want to know that does these code mean.
Is there any library support where I can find the errors corresponding to the codes
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,473 Views)

you can find error codes in help>vi, function & how to help. enter error code into search or index and select a topic that applies to your program. VI help will display a list of relevent error codes along with their descriptions.

I have looked up your error code (- 10846). This error is called: OverWriteError and the description says:

"Your application was unable to retrieve data from the background acquisition buffer fast enough so the unretrieved data was overwritten with new data. To prevent this error, you might increase the size of the background acquisition buffer, increase the amount of data you read from it per call to the read function/VI, slow down your acquisition rate, or reduce the number of tasks your computer is performing."

In the help menu you will also find "explain error" where you can enter your error code and obtain a description.

Hope this helps

Rupa

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,470 Views)