Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find "Base Address" in DAQmx property nodes

I am trying to convert old code that uses T-DAQ to DAQmx, and I'm running into a problem with "Get DAQ Device Information.vi".  The code outputs the "Base Address" using this VI, but I can't seem to find an equivalent DAQmx Property Node that will output the Base Address of my DAQ Device.  Is this address called something different in DAQmx?  Have I simply overlooked it?  It seems like I've looked through every option of every property node and have not come up with an answer yet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tyler

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,582 Views)

You haven't overlooked it. It isn't exposed by DAQmx directly. One of the design goals with DAQmx was to abstract all sorts of DAQ hardware, and "base address" doesn't abstract well to USB and Ethernet-connected hardware.

I'm curious as to why you need it. (T-DAQ long predates me, so I'm not familiar with use cases.) Are you trying to do register-level programming? If so, perhaps you should look at VISA? (In that case, this KB might be useful.)

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
Message 2 of 5
(2,554 Views)

Ok, it's good to know it is no longer there.  It may be then that I do not need it at all if DAQmx inherently takes care of the same function.  Like I said in my original post, I am trying to modernize some old code.  Combine that with my LabVIEW inexperience and I've got a project that I don't have total functional understanding of.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,548 Views)

tmast:

For you translation over to DAQmx, this link may be of help to you in general:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4342/en/

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 4 of 5
(2,540 Views)

Thanks.  I've been using this as a guide and it's been pretty helpful for the DIO Port Write and Read sections, making the transition to DAQmx.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,538 Views)