Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display voltage and current synchronously

Solved!
Go to solution
Recently do a project about acquizeing voltage and current synchronouly ,then display. the design is welding a 0.5 ohm resistor(1%) in NI 6251 analog differential AI inputs, Then acquise the differential voltage at the AI input to convert to current. At the same time, I hope to grab the voltage of the analog input port. my issue is the current profile is no data. please help me .the program screenshot is show below. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1.may be you ask me why don't use no-dierential way to get voltage at all AI port, Then in software use minus to get the voltage at dierential AI inputs. this way will resolve my issue . i have a try ,but Current accuracy is fail. because my current expect range is 1uA~100mA. the samll current accuracy will not be promised if using single-way to acquise the voltage in NI 6251. NI 6251 Device spec(AI Absolute Accuracy) Nominal range(V) Absolute Accuracy(uV) Sensitivity 10 1920 112 5 1010 56 2 410 22.8 0.2 74 6.4 0.1 52 6.0 (i wanna use this range to measure samll current) ------------------------------------------------- Best regards Shawnh.Chen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,258 Views)

IMG_20160401_153150.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,250 Views)

1. You should just have 1 task for all of your analog inputs.

2. Use the DAQmx scale to do the math for you.

3. Reading 1uA will be very hard with a DAQ, even with some external circuitry.  I recommend the TSC103IPT.  It is specially made for amplifying current shunts.  The output is a single ended voltage.  It also has a configurable gain.  But even with the gain of 100, you are only going to have 50uV for your 1uA.  I doubt the DAQ can be that accurate.  Still with the gain of 100, your 100mA will give you 5V to your DAQ.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 8
(4,239 Views)
Thanks for your help.sorry for reply delay . get it, but I still have two confusion hope to get your reply 1.How to show the current waveform by accumulating 1 D Array data , Rather than show by every 100 acquisition points 2.What is the minimum identification unit of the amplifier TSC103IPT? I doubt that 0.5uA can be indentified?(0.5uV=0.5ohm*1uA) Because i didn't find anything about the auccary in TSC101IPT datasheet.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,181 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shawn1

@shawn1 wrote:
1.How to show the current waveform by accumulating 1 D Array data , Rather than show by every 100 acquisition points

Use a waveform chart.  Charts keep a history, so you do not have to accumulate the data.  It does it for you in the display.

@shawn1 wrote:
2.What is the minimum identification unit of the amplifier TSC103IPT? I doubt that 0.5uA can be indentified?(0.5uV=0.5ohm*1uA) Because i didn't find anything about the auccary in TSC101IPT datasheet.

The amplifier is analog.  So it can gain up anything.  But you really should think about using a larger resistor if you really want to measure that small of a current.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,171 Views)
Thanks Crossrulz. The measured current will be not accurate if i use a larger resistor (I have a try using a 1 ohm resistor to get the measured current 5uA ,but i try a 0.1 ohm resistor to get measured current 2uA. other example like this ). So i only just use a smaller resistor to reduce loading influence. Another question, You just kindly remind me to use a amplifier TSC103IPT.and said the amplifier is analog to gain up anything,but i doubt that The NI 6251 analog inputs is also analog ,why it can't gain up angthing? Haha.My question is so much .
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,147 Views)

shawn1 wrote:  but i doubt that The NI 6251 analog inputs is also analog ,why it can't gain up angthing?

The 6251 uses an Analog To Digital Converted.  That is what has a minimum sensing voltage.  That is also where the resolution specification comes from.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,140 Views)
Get it ,Thank you very much .
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,120 Views)