Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to correctly wire a differential pressure transducer to NI 9205

Hi all,

I am trying to wire Setra 204D to NI 9205 and record the differential pressure (output from Setra 204D is voltage: 0 to 5 Vdc). The positive and negative outputs from the transducer is connected to pin 2 and pin 21. The power supply is also connected to the transducer to provide excitations. In the LabView, I selected the corresponding Al 1 and Al 9. 

I am new to national instruments and am learning right now. I would really appreciate it if anyone could confirm that I did it right. (So the data shown in the LabView chart is the output voltage that I need? Is it possible to convert it to pressure in LabView? )

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,841 Views)

Hi Allie0804,

For differential input on AI1, you actually need to connect to pins 2 and 20. Go into NI MAX, create a new voltage task, and from there you can configure a task for your pressure transducer with your own custom scaling. You can also click the "Connection Diagram" tab at the bottom of the window to see how to wire your device. I highly recommend that you go through these tutorials as they will walk you through device setup to working with your device in LabVIEW.

Mark M.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,783 Views)