Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to associate units when reading from multiple channels

Hi,

I am using a NI cDAQ-9188 with NI 9223, NI 9220, NI 9237, NI 9237 and NI 9214

I want the user to be able to acquire data from which channel/module he wants or more combined.

I used 5 'DAQmx Create Channels' ( AI Voltage, AI Voltage, AI Strain Gage, AI  Strain Gage, AI Temp TC) put in series (for synchronization) , each one within an 'if case' structure.

After that, I used a DAQmx Read function.This function returns more signals depending on what modules and which channels the user selects, so I put a case structure and a Split Signals (different dimension in each case ) in order to show each individual reading on a different Waveform Graph.

My question is: how can I show the units on the graphs?

For example: I want 2 channels from NI9223(AI Voltage) and 1 channel from NI 9214 (AI Temp TC). Because I read 3 channels, it will go in the 3rd case in Case Structure ,it will split the signal in 3 and it will show exactly 3 graphs.

I can't simply renamed the Y's label 'Amplitude' because it might be any of: voltage, temperature, strain unit .

Is this possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,910 Views)

Hello,

If you need just 2 different units, you can duplicate de scale Y and change the ''Amplitude''.

Lily

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,886 Views)