From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I sync waveform AO and AI to GPCTR0 counter?

I have looped the general purpose counter 0 output at Pin 2 on the 68 pin NI breakout board into PFI_6 (pin 5)to generate a square wave from which I wish to trigger both Analog Input and Analog output functions. What function calls specifically would I need to use this square waveform as a trigger. My AO is a single period of a triangle wave that I wish to output on each rising trigger edge. I will be aquiring my AI on the same rising edge.

I appreciate any help.
-Bill
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,261 Views)
The easiest thing for you to do would be to search LabVIEW for a ready made example that does this for you. I am not certain which version of LabVIEW you are using, but if you are using 7.1 (with version 7.2 of the NI-DAQ driver) there's a great example entitled "Multi-Function-Synch AI-AO-Ext Dig Trigger.vi" This example demonstrates how to continuously acquire and generate data at the same time, synchronized with one another, started by an external digital start trigger. This seems very close to what you want to do. You can find this example by opening up LabVIEW, and go to Help->Find Examples.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,261 Views)