From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I query if a DAQ board exists in NiDAQmx?

I am writing a simple data acquisition application and I don't know ahead of time if the user will have a USB DAQ card (DAQPad-6015) or an internal DAQ card (PCI-6052E).

I tradition NI-DAQ, I called the funciton 'Get DAQ Device Information.vi' for all possible device numbers (well, 1 - 10 anyway) and see what names come back.  Then the program knows at run time.

However, the DAQPad is only compatible with NiDAQmx, and I can't seem to find a comparable function.  How else can I determine which card is there?

Thanks,
Casey

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,848 Views)

Casey,

In DAQmx you can use the DAQmx System Property node to get a list of all the devices on the system which are configured in DAQmx.  If you then need to know the device type, you can feed the device names into the device property node and recieve it's product type.  I have attached a quick example of this.  If this does not provide the information you need, the please post back and I'll see if I can find what you are looking for.

Hope this helps,
Dan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,846 Views)

Thanks Dan-

I'll give it a try.  Thanks for the example.  Can you please post it in 7.0 of Labview, we haven't upgraded yet.

Thanks,

Casey

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,841 Views)
Casey,

Sorry, I usually try to post everything in 7.0, but I forgot on this one.  See if this does the trick.

Dan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,837 Views)

Perfect-

Thanks for the help.  I'm on the move again.

Casey

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,833 Views)