From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get quasi-realtime data when synchronizing two NI 4472 daq cards

I have two NI 4472 cards that I want to synchronize. Both cards will have exact same sensors in each channel (analog sensors). I am running a sample from NI but what happens is that it takes over a minute to display 2 or 3 seconds of data on a graph. O noticed that the part that takes the longer is when creating the master and slave. I would like to get the data as fast as the continous waveform sample provided by NI. Any idea why it takes so long to display the acquired data when synchronizing two similar cards?
Attach is the program that I am using.
Thank you
Walter
CSULB
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,438 Views)
Walter,

Can you describe how the execution of the VI unfolds? Does the data immediately display on the graphs after running the example or does the VI wait approx. a minute before updating the graph. Are you only running the VI for 2-3 seconds or are you examining the x axis of the graphs to determine that the amount of data that's returned is 2-3 secs worth of data? I have not seen this example behave in this manner before but you may want to try running an example that uses DAQmx instead such as "PXI 4472 Synchronize and Stream to Disk" and modify it so that it does not write the data to disk. This example VI can be found at the following link

Shea C
Applications
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,438 Views)
Thanks for the answer. Our version of LabView is 6.1 and so the sample you gave me does not work. The problem is that I take 2 or 3 secs of data and then it the application just runs but then after 1 minute the data is diplayed on the graph. I am wondering is the synchronization just takes too long. According to the program it takes the longest when is setting up the master. I have only used LV for a week so I am trying to learn it. Thanks again. If you know of a similar example that will run on version 6.1 that would be helpful.
Thanks
Walter
CSULB
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,438 Views)