Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enable Stepped Trigger Mode

I need to output Data with each trigger .. with the repeated use of CWAO.start command , it seem to miss some triggering and the output generation is not obtained as required by me. There is trigger mode , function and says. stepped mode triggering enables the output for each trigger , but i seem to find , how to use this function. Please help me with use this funtion .

Thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,750 Views)
I think I might understand what you are trying to do. Here are a couple tutorials over triggering that might be of assistance.
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/B6D82DDD9C4094CE862568CB006AA8E4?opendocument
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/28bc635712de1d278625687e006ec10b?OpenDocument

I have also attached a retriggerable analog output example which I think is what you are wanting to do. Here is a description of the example:

This example shows how to do a retriggerable analog output operation with any E Series DAQ board using the CWDAQ ActiveX controls. This is done by routing a retriggerable finite pulse train from the onboard counters to the UpdateClock of the analog output operation. The retriggerable finite pulse train specifications are based on the number of points and the analog output update frequency that the user enters.

Set up a retriggerable finite pulse train generation by configuring counter 0 as retriggerable single pulse generation and counter 1 as continuous pulse train generation (gated by the output of counter 0). The pulse train from counter 1 will be generated only when counter 0's output is high. In this example, the trigger for counter 0 is a PFI line, but it could also be configured to use a RTSI line. After setting up the desired configuration and clicking the start button, the analog output operation will generate the waveform using the specified number of points at the specified frequency each time the external digital trigger pulse occurs on the PFI line.

This example uses the Measurement Studio Analysis component's CWDSP ActiveX control for waveform generation. The waveform is created and written to the analog output channel with infinite regeneration enabled.

I hope this helps.

Jennifer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,743 Views)
hey jenk.. thank a lot...
was a great help..
and i was able do it....
thanks a ton
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,733 Views)