Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I modify individual DaqMX channels?

I am creating an analog input task using the "Create Virtual Channel" VI, in RSE mode.

How would I modify some of these channels to use a different mode (differential) or a different max / min voltage?

If I create a channel property node, can I wire a string constant into the "ActiveChans" terminal, and then set whatever properties I want? If not, how would I specify the channel(s) I want to modify? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,504 Views)
Yes, you can use the channel property node to modify the min / max voltage and terminal configuration for each channel individually by specifying the channel name in the "ActiveChans" property. When using this approach, properties set below "ActiveChans" in the property node will only be modified for the specified channels. By repeating this procedure, you can individually modify the attributes for each channel in your task. However, you can also use multiple instances of the Create Virtual Channel VI to accomplish the same thing. You might find this easier than using the property node. The attachment should make this clearer and contrasts the two styles of programming.
Message 2 of 3
(2,504 Views)
That is exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks so much!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,504 Views)