From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get analog input channel samples sooner?

I am using the DaqPad 6016 multifunction DAQ USB device. I am using the internal time base to configure the sample rate. No matter what sample rate I set the soonest I can acquire data from the device is about 50 milliseconds. For example if I set the sample rate to 1000 samples/second and I poll the device every 10 milliseconds it is only every 5 attempt that I get 50 samples. The other times that I poll the device I get 0 samples. I would like to poll the device every 10 milliseconds and get some data every time I poll. I don't want the device to hold on to the data for 50 msec before it gives me something. Is there some device attribute that I can set to make it do what I want?

Thanks,
Jim Vander Werp
Smiths Aerospace
Grand Rapids, MI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,376 Views)
The USB bus in general was not designed for low-latency applications. However, you should be able to improve latency by using the HW-timed single point timing mode. This mode was designed for real-time applications such as the one that you presumably are working on.

Joe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,361 Views)