Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I display a VI running on NI-DAQ on a separate monitor

I am using TPC-2215 and NI-9138. The VI running on the TPC communicates user inputs to the VI running on NI-9138. The VI running on NI-9138 generates a chart and displays it on the front panel in real time and I'd like to view the chart as its being generated. The problem is i cannot display the chart on the TPC because there is not enough room. I do not want to use scroll bars because the controls and chart have to be visible at all times.

Is there a way I can display the chart, thats being generated on the NI-9138 VI, on a separate monitor?

I tried connecting a monitor to the VGA port on NI-9138, but all that displays is CPU usage data, not the VI front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,256 Views)

Mr_Papagorgio wrote:

I tried connecting a monitor to the VGA port on NI-9138, but all that displays is CPU usage data, not the VI front panel.

That tells me the 9138 is running LabVIEW RT.  I'm thinking you will have to use another TPC-2215 to display your graph.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,244 Views)
Thanks! The controller is running RT. Do you think a touch panel monitor (TSM) would work? Or am I stuck using another TPC?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,236 Views)

You need to have another application that can read the data from the RT.  So you will need another computer and monitor or just get another TPC.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,232 Views)

Would you share the section of your project where you get data from the NI-9138 to the TPC-2215? I tryed but something went wrong, the error message indicates that a task of DAQmx must be added and I added it on my code. .

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,960 Views)