Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I convert an Traditional NIDAQ application to NIDAQmx application?

I did an application using Traditional NI-DAQ (PCI6033E) now I´ve a PCI6224, it only can use with NI-DAQmx.
My aplication is Multithreading. I use three threads. A thread is dedicate for data acquisition is the main thread, the second is dedicated for filtering and ploting and the third is using for the callbacks.

In the acquisition thread I use the follow functions: AIStartAcquisition(), AICheckAcquisition(), AIReadAcquisition(), AIClearAcquisition().

What functions of NI-DAQmx replace the functions used in my aplication?

Will I be able to continue using my application? with only to replace my acquisition functions.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,540 Views)
Hello Hiram,

There are definitely some differences between the architecture for Traditional DAQ and DAQmx. It sounds like you have a relatively simple data acquisition process that simply acquires and displays data.

While the commands should be pretty easily replaced with the "DAQmx Create Virtual Channel", "DAQmx Read", and a "DAQmx Clear" it may require a bit more work than a simple search and replace.

I searched our website for "traditional daq daqmx transition" and found the following KnowledgeBase that explains the differences between the two architectures and how to move from one type to the other.
KnowledgeBase: Transition from Traditional NI-DAQ to NI-DAQmx

It sounds like you are using text-based programming. While this document is written for LabVIEW the data flow is essentially the same as it is in a text compiler. This document should guide you along in your transition process. If you run into any problems along the way then you should try to open up some of the example programs (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples). The examples should help you see the differences in how the acquisition works.

Best of luck getting everything together,
Message 2 of 2
(2,518 Views)