Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I connect the output of a force transducer unit(BNC cable) to the PCI-6036E DAQ card via the SCB-68 block connector?

I m using the 404A force transducer unit by Aurora Scientific and i want to connect the (converted to Volt) output, which is a BNC cable, to the PCI-6036E DAQ card via the SCB-68 connector block, facing difficulties in choosing the correct input mode for my signal(couldn t clear this using the manual), setting the switches and which channel shall i use in the block connector in order to configure ot with LABVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,465 Views)
Hi MSc Student,
Connecting your transducer to the 6036E card via the SCB-68 connector block should be pretty straight forward. You have 2 choices of input mode, Referenced Single Ended (RSE) this is where you will connect the screen of the BNC cable to a ground connection for the DAQ card in the SCB-68 and the other to any analogue input channel . These are listed in the device pinouts in the help section of MAX, under the 68 pin devices section. The terminal block numbers correspond to the DAQ card's pin numbers. Another method, which avoids ground loop problems would be to use the Differential connection and connect the signal and ground connections of the BNC cable to a differential analogue input, these are listed in the 6036E manual and in th
e MAX help section again. the disadvantage to using this method is 2 analogue input channels are used and you must use the lowest 8 analogue input channels for differential inputs.
The switch settings that you need can be found in the manual for the SCB-68 in table 2-1, the manual can be found here : http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/320745b.pdf
The switches are for power to extra signal conditioning and the cold junction compensation for thermocouples which in your case you do not need so set the switches to the positions in the first box ie Direct feedthrough, with temperature sensor disabled and accessory power disabled. The channel you use should not matter the only ting to remember will be that if you use differential mode measurement that you will be connecting the signals to AI(n) and AI(n+8) so differential input 0 is across the connectors for AI0 and AI(8). The channel numbers corespond to the analogue input number for the card.

I hope this information helps,

Chris M
App
lications Engineer, National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,465 Views)